Smoked Eggplant Dip
PREP: 15 MINS | COOK: 40 MINS | SERVES: 6
Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Prick eggplant all over with a fork. Place both eggplants over a low gas flame on your cooktop, turning often until skin is charred all over. Remove to a lined baking tray and continue cooking in the oven for 30 minutes or until completely tender and cooked through.
- When cool, peel skin away from eggplants, discarding stems and juices.
- Roughly chop the flesh and combine with yoghurt, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and seasonings.
- Combine currants with sherry vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- For serving, toss together the drained currants, pine nuts, parsley and seasonings. Spoon eggplant dip into a serving dish and sprinkle with pine nut mixture. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with warmed turkish bread.