Chocolate Fudge Cookies
PREP: 25 MINS | COOK: 10-12 MINS | SERVES: 24 (Makes 48 Cookies)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place chocolate in a microwave proof container and cook in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, whilst stirring regularly. Allow to cool.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, until well incorporated. Fold in melted chocolate.
- Fold in flour and almond meal. Refrigerate cookie dough, covered for at least 1 hour.
- Roll chilled dough into 48 small balls and press down lightly onto lined oven trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on tray before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For ganache, place chocolate and cream in a microwave proof bowl and cook in 15 second increments until melted and smooth, whilst stirring regularly. Allow to cool slightly before using ganache to join cookies together, to make 24.