Red Velvet Cupcakes
PREP: 20 MINS | COOK: 25 MINS | MAKES: 24
Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line 24 cupcake pans with paper cases.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Stir through the sugar and currants.
- Whisk the buttermilk, butter, eggs, vinegar and vanilla in a large jug until combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk mixture. Stir until just combined. Stir in the food colouring.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.