Traditional Christmas Puddings
PREP: 30 MINS (Plus fruit soaking time) | COOK: 1 ¼ HRS (Small Puddings) or 5 HRS (1 Large Pudding) | SERVES: 10
- Combine fruit, cranberry sauce, brandy and spices in a large bowl, cover and leave to stand overnight.
- Brush 10 x 1 cup pudding basins (ramekins) or one 10 cup basin, with melted butter and line the base with baking paper.
- Mix eggs, butter, brown sugar and flour until well combined, then stir through fruit mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared basins
- Cut a large circle of foil and baking paper, and place over each pudding, foil side up. Secure tightly with kitchen string.
- Place puddings in a large saucepan and add enough boiling water to fill halfway up the sides. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 1 ¼ hours for the small puddings or 5 hours for the large pudding, replenishing water when needed.
- Remove from water and store well wrapped until Christmas.