Roast Turkey with Apricot Almond Stuffing
PREP: 1.5 HOURS | BRINE: 16 HOURS | COOK: 4 HOURS
- Combine 15 litres cold water with the apple cider, brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary and orange peels in a large pot. Stir until the salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat and cover.
- Allow to cool completely, then place into the fridge to chill. Place uncooked turkey in the chilled brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the turkey, remove from the brine. Submerge the turkey in a pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside.
- Remove the turkey from the clean water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal roasting method.
- We kept the brine and half filled a roasting tray & placed in oven under turkey baking tray to help keep the turkey moist. Add more brine to tray as it evaporates. Most roasting recipes use stock so this was our cheeky substitute.
For the Stuffing –
In a dry pan gently toast the nuts. Once cool combine all ingredients in a large bowl then fill the turkey cage with the stuffing and tie the legs together with bakers twine.
We were naughty and slid butter & sage leaves between the breast and skin, highly recommend!