Reindeer Cake Pops
PREP: 60 MINS | CHILL: 1 HR | MAKES: 30
To make cake pops:
- Combine raisins, currants, brown sugar and rum in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop almonds in a food processor. Place in a large bowl, along with cake crumbs, rind and cooled fruit mixture. Add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Roll mixture into 3cm diameter balls and place on a lined tray. Insert lollipop sticks and refrigerate until firm.
- Dip one cake pop into the melted milk chocolate, turning to coat. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Insert the cake pop in the polystyrene to stand upright. Repeat with remaining balls and chocolate. Allow to set.
- To make antlers, melt dark chocolate and place in a small snap lock bag. Snip the corner edge off with scissors and pipe the letter F onto baking paper. Allow to set.
- Using the point of a knife make two small cuts into the top of the cake pops and insert anglers. Use melted chocolate to secure mini red M&Ms for the nose and use black writing icing to dot eyes.