Christmas Cup Cakes
PREP: 15 MINS | COOK: 25 MINS | MAKES: 12
Preheat oven to 170oC Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in mixed fruit, pureed apple and walnuts. Sift the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg into the bowl and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases and bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Roll two thirds of the icing out on a flat surface dusted with cornflour until 2mm thick. Using a 6cm fluted pastry cutter, cut circles out and place on cakes. Save left over icing for berries. Add a few drops of green food colouring to the remaining one third of icing and knead well. Roll out and cut 24 holly leaves (using cookie cutter or freehand with a sharp knife).
- Add red food colouring to the left over white icing and roll into small balls.
- Decorate cakes with holly leaves and berries using writing icing to attach.