PREP: 10 MINS | COOK: 1.5 HRS | SERVES: 8-10
Preaheat oven 160 degrees (140 degrees fan).
- Brush base and sides of 25cm springform pan with butter.
- Process biscuits, extra melted butter and almond meal in a food processor until fine crumb. Press into base and sides of pan.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, cornflour, butter, eggs and vanilla bean paste in food processor. Blend for 2 mins then fold through sour cream and fruit.
- Pour filling over base, cover with foil and bake for 1.5 hours. Remove cake from oven, allow to come to room temperature before refrigerating overnight.
To make Toffee
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread nuts evenly over tray.
- Add sugar to a medium, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar completely dissolves then remove from heat immediately and pour over nuts.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes then allow to set. Serve cheesecake topped with shards of broken nut toffee.