Burnt Honey and Macadamia Semifreddo
COOK: 25 MINS | SERVES: 6-8
- Line a 2L freezer-safe container with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Add honey and cook for a further 2 mins until foamy and golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine all eggs, vanilla, sugar and salt in a heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer, place bowl over the top and constantly beat for 6-8 mins (using an electric beater) or until the mixture is thick and pale. Remove from heat, beat in the burnt honey mixture then allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Beat thickened cream to stiff peaks. Gently fold the burnt honey custard, fruit and macadamias through the whipped cream, then spoon into the prepared container and freezer overnight.
- Serve generous scoops in waffle cones.